Tips to increase comments/hits on ur blog
- Write well (Writing in form of bullet points may not be the best way)
- Do not have ur with blog title with words “Random”, “ramblings” etc… everyone knows that blogs mostly have arbit random ramblings
- Preferably have a feminine pen-name (Maybe this was the strategy the famous tam writer Sujatha followed in his early days:)... jus kidding!)
- Link to good sites – hoping for a return favor . Don’t expect “The week” and “The hindu” to link you back; I meant link to good blogs.
- Somehow bribe/hack or earn a link onto popular sites like kaps or india uncut or desipundit
- Having URLs like 'www.aadisht.net' or 'www.lazygeek.net' gives the blog a touch of sincerity. Blogspot URLs need to have definite superiority in content to compensate for the uninspired URL.
- Frequently post pictures (nice ones) of hot women (like tam movie women : take care to tread the fine line of beauty and vulgarity) and sivaji THE boss’s pictures as and when they come into circulation in the forwarded mail circuit
- Reply to all your comments in separate comments – just to give respect to the people who cared to comment and also to artificially increase ur comment count – which hopefully will feed into more comments
- Do not have a site counter which reads something like “28” or “53” when you already have similar number of posts up on ur blog.
- Adsense reduces aesthetic value of the blog in general. Unless you are sure that its going to give you a few dimes a month – its definitely not worth the definite disappointment which google assures.:)
- Never update more than one post at a time
- Never leave the blog fallow for more than couple of days – these blog readers are never such good loyalists!:)
- If nothing works, write about tamil or hindi movies – afterall aren’t blogs the modern era’s kumudam and ananda vikatan which people read during office hours.:)
P.S: If hajaar enthu, then write about IIPM - you never know - it might still work!!!:)